Thinking of MOVING in 2012? 10 HOT Tips For Northern Virginia Home Buyers
Are you planning to purchase your
first home or move up to your next dream home? There are things you can
start NOW to be ready to jump when the opportunity knocks for you.
1. Two most important people
will be your Realtor and Lender. Ask friends and family for good
references or look up online for Realtors in your area and interview
2. Speak to your lender and get your financing in order. If any cloud on your credit you still have time to clean it up.
3. Based on your financial started
narrowing down the area. Location is key to any buyer. Sit down with
your buyer agent and discuss the area and your needs and wants you may
want in your home.
4. Have documents that the lender needs inorder.
5. If you are selling your home and
purchasing another home get your Realtor at your current place. Start
working to get the home ready for the market.
6. If you planning to sell your home
before purchasing another home take pictures of your home during
different season. Put it together in an album for the potential buyers
to vision what the home would look like during other time of the year.
7. If you are new to the area, drive
down the areas you are considering to purchase at various time of the
day. OR stop by during a weekend and speak to neighbors to get their
opionion about the neighborhood.
8. With the traffic congestion in
the Northern Virginia area if would be wise for the potential buyer to
commute different time and day to figure out if they are comfortable
with the long hours of drive to their work place while they narrow down
the area search.
9. If you have kids and need day
care or after care start browsing the area for your baby sitter needs.
Remember some of the places have wait list.
10. Last but not least, during
holidays when you are visiting friends and family make a note of things
you liked about their home. Color, style, features that would enhance
your home. OR visit model home in the area. Learn about the layout of