Northern Virginia Home Seller-10 Tips to Get your Home Ready for January & Cold months showing!
the holidays are upon us we are all in jolly mood... but count down to
winter blues in around the corner. And if you are a home owner who will be on the market during this weather.
few tips that you can keep in mind while showing your Virginia home for sale in Winter Weather:
1. Leave your outdoor lights ON.
2. Take down the holiday decor and spice up your place with warmness of the winter. Declutter any gifts or things from holidays.
3. Keep your walk away, deck & any path leading to and from your home clear of ice and snow!
4. Turn on the lights if you have schedule showing late in the evening.
5. DO NOT leave lit up candles in the home unattended!
6. Ask your Realtor to update MLS pictures with out all the holiday decoration.
7. Buy a heavy door mat to scrub off wet shoes! If needed add a basket & coat hanger for extra comfort.
8. On a sunny day open up few windows and bring in some fresh air! Do not abuse frangances.
9. Bake few cookies or brew coffee...smell of warm food will warm up the mood of buyers!
10. You may like cold but while selling your home keep thermostat where buyers will feel comfortable while viewing the home.